Is This It?

pink: redefining what it means to be a girl generated by sloganizer.net

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

don't mind me

I'm just fooling around with the layout of this thing. Using dreamweaver though to format it all has been a god send. Who knows what the thing would look like if I was using front page or the Blogspot software. Anyway, be patient, minor changes ar-a-coming!

****
goood news here at the Pit (work). Coworker K got a new job! He went for a second interview today and was offered the job. He'll be starting on Jan 9th just around the corner from the Pit. It'll be interesting to see how Mr. and Mrs. Hell (bosses who happen to be married) take his departure. Although I am extremely happy for him (he. is. getting. out.) I am also extermely jealous and fusterated. This guy is an IDIOT. Although he has tamed down he is certainly questionable in his business practices and I wonder what the new job is getting themselves into. He claims he'll be doing less work there, and my first thought was "what the hell? you barely do any work HERE!" but I didn't let it escape my mouth ;)

Also, I've been sending out my resumes and looking since LAST YEAR and I'm still here. WTF is up with that? I'm not sure how much longer I can take it here. This leads me to...


****
I got a call today from an assocation in VA that is looking to fill a couple positions in their education and research departments. We had a 20+ minute conversation about my skills, interests, the jobs, etc etc and she said she'd send my resume out to the hiring people and set up an interview asap. She seemed really nice and very positive in her comments, I'm confident that I'll at least get an interview out of the deal and a possible job offer. M (another coworker) suggested that I go to Mr. Hell, telling him of my offer of more moeny and a better job and see if they'll counter it. I answered that I really didn't want to stay around any more. That if they offered me enough money and the job was interested I'd consider it pretty seriously. So we'll see, I should hear from the woman in a couple of days....maybe it'll be Merry Christmas to C$, here's a new job! Hell, I got this job offer on my birthday, what's to stop the offer from coming on Christmas Eve or New Years eve eve.

***
I also found a job listed on a large non-profit organization that I do a lot of volunteering and working for. It's the dream position and I sent off my resume tonight. I also said that I'd be interested in the Admin positions that were listed, but I hope they seriously consider my experience as a volunteer and my committment to the organization as an indication of my interest and at least give me a call. Although, the job is in NYC which scares and excites me at the same time. I think I could love to live in NYC, but at this point i'm completely overwhelmed with it all---it's just SO huge. How does anyone make friends, find people, find a place to LIVE!? I have a couple of friends in the city, but they are older (30+) and I love them, but I don't really want to always hang around them and i'm sure they don't want some yougin 23/4 year old around them all the time either. I'm sure it could and would be great once i give it a chance, but it's just a matter of giving it a chance....

anyways, wish me luck in my blog adventure and my job searching, i need all the good karma i can get :)

C$

2 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girl, sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. I am a believer that the right job will show up at the perfect time or its not meant to be. Hope that makes sense. I wish you luck and hope you hear something soon! Jake's had his resume out there for quite a while too, with little to show. Its tough!

The books for the kids came today! Travis immediately fell in love with Where The Wild Things Are. He scooped it up and took off. Emily loves hers too. "Momma, Capptilla like apple too!" LOL! Grace and I read The Giving Tree tonight when she went to bed, she really enjoyed it, comparing the tree to some in our yard. They all say Thank You, and so do Jake and I, books are such a great gift!!!!!

Have a GREAT Christmas! Please tell everyone we send our love!!!

PS. Freakin Blogger won't let me use HTML to underline the books, damn.

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Where the hell are you????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home