Is This It?

pink: redefining what it means to be a girl generated by sloganizer.net

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

100 things about C $

(second attempt)
1. I am an only child.
2. My parents are divorced.
3. Nothing traumatic. I don't even remember it.
4. I was less than 6 months old.
5. No I don't know why.
6. I'm afraid to ask.
7. I was born in NH.
8. I moved to Northern Maine when I was 5.5
9. We moved there to take care of my grandmother.
10. And ended up staying for 12 years.
11. I went to Catholic school for .5 years.
12. I went to public school for 11.5 years.
13. I was popular up until the 8th grade.
14. I went to summer camp (Aroostook Teen Leadership Camp) and when I came back, had no friends.
15. I don't know why.
16. That camp changed my life.
17. I left Maine to attend school in Boston, Boston University.
18. I had planned on a dual major of elementary education and athletic training.
19. I graduated with a BS in elementary education and a (sorta) minor in political science.
20. The "sorta" is because I realized in my senior year I had enough classes to get the minor but hadn't taken the 101 class. I was told not to worry about it, that I could still get the minor, but when I went to do the paperwork, I was told that I'd have to take 101. This was in the Spring of my senior year. So, no 101 for me and no official minor of PO.
21. But I still tell people I have a minor in poly sci.
22. And put it on my resume as such.
23. I love to teach.
24. But am not teaching because I couldn't handle it.
25. No, not the kids or the parents- those are a breeze.
26. I wouldn't be able to deal with the status quo and not being able to question things.
27. I'm a modern day feminist.
28. I believe that women are equal and can do everything a man can.
29. But don't mind letting him open up jars, suggest tools to use or get things off tall shelves.
30. In fact, I find it unattractive when a man won't take charge.
31. I had major jaw surgery in high school. I was wired shut for 6 weeks.
32. It's technically 'plastic surgery' but we pass it off as a 'deformity' so that the insurance would pay.
33. I have several metal screws and a metal clasp in my jaw/chin area.
34. But no visible scars.
35. It didn't hurt.
36. I am a lifetime Girl Scout.
37. I am recognized by other GS people because of the work I've done with GS.
38. I'd love to work for Girl Scouts, but know of the crap they put their employees through, so I don't apply for jobs I am qualified for.
39. I've just started knitting.
40. It reminds me of my MeMe.
41. My MeMe and Grammy Kelly died within a month of each other.
42. To the day.
43. I've always dated people older than me.
42. My first boyfriend turned 21 while we were together.
43. When I was 16.
44. The oldest person I've been with is 36.
45. I'm a democrat.
46. I've interned at one of the most recognized Democrat's office in the country.
47. I would LOVE to work on the Hill.
48. I announced my candidacy to run for President on BookTV/C-Span 2.
49. When I was in High school.
50. I don't want to be president anymore.
51. I want to be a Senator.
52. Senator Susan Collins (R-ME) is from my hometown.
53. Her parents home was just up the street from where I grew up.
54. When I graduated from high school the local paper ran a story about the two of us and how we've had similar experiences.
55. I love music.
56. And bass players.
57. And concerts.
58. I love BU hockey.
59. I am OBESSED with Chris Dyment (now playing for the Providence Bruins).
60. Sophomore year at BU, my friends and I became obsessed/addicted to the game and the players.
61. We’d sit in section 13 instead of 7/8 (the student section) so that we could see the players faces during the National Anthem.
62. I’d be a puck fuck for Chris Dyment anyday.
63. I am friends with former and current (and wanna be) puck fucks (male and female!)
64. I seem to attracted to Republicans, even though we end up disagreeing on everything.
65. I work for a extremely conservative organization.
66. But you wouldn’t know it by looking at us/me.
67. My boss is a former CIA agent.
68. I don’t know what I want to do with my life.
69. I want to go to law school.
70. But don’t want to do the work (nor think that I can handle it).
71. But haven’t applied because I know that I don’t want to actually practice law, and non-profit/education lawyers don’t make enough money to pay back student loans.
72. I love dark chocolate.
73. I love pasta and bread.
74. And cheese.
75. I don’t like to read to learn, rather to be entertained.
76. I like to drink.
77. And get drunk.
78. I like making out with boys.
79. I love sleeping in.
80. I love the fall.
81. I adore new sweaters.
82. And new scarves.
83. I look for new jobs while I should be working.
84. I apply for jobs using my work computer.
85. I don’t really care if I get caught.
86. I’ve been in this relationship thing with a guy for almost a year.
87. I’m not sure what we are. I’m not sure he knows what we are.
88. I think we’d be perfect together.
89. But we’re both too stubborn to admit it and give in.
90. I want to be in love.
91. But am afraid it won’t be enough.
92. But am afraid I’ll end up alone.
93. I want to have kids.
94. I’d love to have twins.
95. I want to be a ‘team mom’ for my husband’s football, soccer, basketball or hockey team.
96. I want to be famous.
97. I love being a girl.
98. But sometimes wish I was a boy.
99. I’m an optimist.
100. But I am also a realist.

1 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great List! Thanks for the inspiration, did mine too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home