Is This It?

pink: redefining what it means to be a girl generated by sloganizer.net

Friday, December 02, 2005

Come On Eileen

This has to be one of my FAVORITE songs ever, by Dexy's Midnight Runners. makes me want to be in some boston dive bar, drunk off my ass singing at the top of my lungs with my friends.



It reminds me of my friend Joel (pronouned Jo-el, like noelle) from Boston who, whenever he heard this song, proclaimed "this song makes me wish i was Irish" (he's hispanic, from TX, not irish at all--even on st. patty's day!) I always smile whenever i hear this song.

I like the part where it gets slower in tempo and slowly works up to a faster beat...it's great stuff i tell ya. Makes me picture everyone in the bar, up on their feet, standing still and moving a little more as the tempo gets faster and ending by jumping all around "come on eileeeeeeeeeen"

I wish i had friends down here to get mad crazy drunk with and sing a little kareoke. that'd be the life.

And i just did a little google search, and the song was released a day before I was born. So i'm tied to this song forever :)

Also, on my birthday OJ Simpson and Tom Hanks. OH and Fred Savage. and Washington DC's latest edition to the community, Tai Shan was born on July 9th, 2005. I think the Zoo (or the FONZ) should have a party next year for everyone born on July 9th to hang with little (not so little now!) Butterstick.





On some not so nice news, my credit card fraud case has been closed by Metro police. They said that since I didn't technically lose money (or other belongings) it is up the CC company to open up a case and prosecute the suspect (JOHN WITT). So, for those of you who don't know, i had a friend come and visit me in Sept. We've been friends for a couple of years, Boston based friend. But he was in CA working for a baseball team out there. He said that he wanted to come to visit on his way up to Boston to visit his mom. I agreed to let him stay (a little voice in my head, said, no bad 'danger will robinson, DANGER", but whatever)

He showed up on a Monday morning and stayed with me for 10 days. At first he was a welcome addition to my home, but after a few days i was pretty bored and annoyed with his presence. He did NOTHING while i was at work, not even a walk around the block or whatever. He claimed he had no money so he couldn't go anywhere and I didn't have any extra cash to loan him. On the 10th day, i got home from class late at night to find him gone. With a note on my bar saying that he had an interview in Atlantic City with a baseball team up there, was taking greyhound up there that night and then was headed to Boston. That he liked me and would call tomorrow.

Well tomorrow came and went and I didn't hear from him. And then it was three weeks later, and I was opening up my credit card bills and found that he had used a card that was in my filing cabinet.

yes, in a file. amoungst all the rest of my files.

basically hidden.

It was a card that was unactivated (my card had expired, they sent a new one, I didn't activate it because it was close to the limit, no need for it "I'll just file it away" I said)

He used it to purchase a one way flight to Las Vegas.

Not Atlantic City.

As well as charges to a cell phone company to 'up' his cell phone minutes.

All in all, he charged on my unactivated card roughly $200.

Not a lot of money, but enough to freak me out.

I called all my credit card companies and put a watch on everything. i have one of those stupid credit moniter thingys so I know if he opens up another account, because in that same filing cabinet--all of my bank statements, social securty number, school loan info, etc etc

Since I knew who stole and used my credit card I had to file a police report for my cc company to go any further, which is now closed.

I also found out that he charged a $35 fee on my landline phone, that i was, thankfully, able to get credited, but still.

Almost a month later, I get a private call on my cell phone. A young woman is asking for John.

"No, JOhn isn't here. I dont know where he is"

"who are you looking for? John, John Witt?"

"yeah he was here, but i have no idea where he is now."

"NO i am not his mother!"

Basically this scumbag told this girl, Sera, in OC that he was coming to see me, his mother, in washington DC. She's the one that paid for his laptop computer and the flight out here. As well as almost $4K in cash advances on a trip to Vegas. Yeah, almost $5K in lost money. He told her that the number he called was his mothers so she was calling, hoping to be able to appeal to my "motherly instinct" and help her get the money back. Much to her surprise, I was NOT his mother.

She has been able to track him down, to some extent, through his craigslist postings in the CE section. He's scum, what can i say.

So, that's been my life for almost a month. Sera and I have talked about me flying out to CA and us contacting John under an alias and setting up a CE in some hotel. Have him show up and "surprise, ti's the two girls you screwed over!" along with some muscle. To see the expression on his face would be PRICELESS.

Anyway, back to happy friday thoughts.


GO BU!!! Big game day for BU athletics.

BU vs BC hockey this weekend and BU vs GWU basketball down here tonight! woohoo

Here's to a great weekend :)

4 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, that is totally one of my fav songs! Its on my MP3 for cleaning! I LOVE IT!

Sorry about your CC fraud. That really sucks! One good thing about life, there is Karma, and its a bitch. He will get whats coming to him.

~H

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger C$ said...

Thanks Heather, I can only hope that he gets screwed over big time some day ;-)

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you worry, I screwed him over years ago. I was broke, and he sold some baseball cards and gave me the money shortly before I dumped him.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger C$ said...

anon--that's what i like to hear. he is scum and deserves everything coming to him. i totally believe in karma and his is coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home