Is This It?

pink: redefining what it means to be a girl generated by sloganizer.net

Monday, December 19, 2005

SHOUT OUT!

Props must be given to my cousin Heather for creating the awesome header above for me. She does really great work, check out her site at http://www.turnerfamily5.com to see her graphic work and her beautiful kids :) thanks H!

****
Friday night, DCboy and I headed over to my friend Mary's house for a Keg's and Kookies party (they provided the keg and frosting, you provided the cookies). We had a really good time. We talked the entire night (it had been over 6 months since actually seeing each other) but didn't close ourselves from conversation. We made friends with other party-goers and I even gave my number to B while DCboy was standing there waiting for me so that we could leave. We laughed a lot and were gooofy and had a blast. He even remembered our first "date" (almost a year ago next month!) and how we called my friend Slut Bag (that is how her name was stored in my phone and he wanted to call and tell her so) We were going to call SB on our way home but completely forgot. I couldn't believe that he remembered it.

However, i did find out that he is moving out west in May, to Washington State in fact. He's going to finish up with school out there, being closer to Mom and to LA (which he visits often, 2x monthly). Plus, he hates DC--expecially us east coast girls ("all except you though"). I'm sad (heartbroken more like it) that he's leaving. I just assumed that he'd head to NYC, to go to Columbia/NYU and I'd go up and visit and we'd be friends, east coast friends. He claims he doesn't want to have a relationship since he's leaving in May and doesn't really need one because of his FWB situation that is meeting his needs quite nicely. Although, I do know him, and he wants more, I just don't think he wants to start something here and then move and have to deal with the long distance thing. He lost his first real girlfriend to distance and I think that has left a bad taste in his mouth for good.

But, he could just not want a relationship with me, and that's fine, as long as we can continue to be friends. He is one of my best male friends (although still a jackass) and i count on him for his finanical advice as well as a good swift kick in the pants when i'm over reacting to something stupid. I care about him and will miss him when he moves.

***
However, K (coworker) doesn't believe DCboy's BS "no guy is every 'just friends' with a girl" and that once DCboy moves out west, i'll be gettting lots of phone calls that border on "i miss you" "sometimes it takes not having that person in your life all the time to realize that they were pretty great all long" so i guess we'll just see. I appriecate K's comments, but they aren't really helping me get over DC boy....


10-4 big buddy
C$

2 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger The Mrs said...

Hey Girl! Try this HTML is the stylesheet!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/jakeswife/Chels.jpg

Thanks for letting me make it for ya!

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops, wrong account. It was Moi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home