Is This It?

pink: redefining what it means to be a girl generated by sloganizer.net

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Random Pictures from a camera phone




I must apologize for the quality of these photos. They were taken with my camera phone that doesn't have a flash and seems to not like like and turn everything a sort of orange hue. Anyway, on to the photos!

And the first one is:


My Christmas Cactus that is BLOOMING! I've had this thing for at least 3 years and this is the first time it's bloomed. There is another smaller bloom on the other side that should bloom in time for Christmas (!!). I'm quite excited! Also, I'm excited because this cactus has grown from a cutting from the cactus my grandmother had for as long as I can remember. She died in 1999 and I got a cutting of the cactus sometime after 2000 from my aunt. It's like my grammy Kelly is with me even though it's been so long since she's passed...

I've tried to send myself the picture of my Christmas tree, but for some reason it's the only picture that won't work, so y'all just have to use your imagination. It's about 3 feet tall (fake) and in a silver metal pot thingy. White Christmas lights with gold ribbon as garland and many of my childhood ornaments that my mom sent down last Christmas. It's fun and brings me such joy to come home and plug the lights in. PLUS I don't have to water it! Score!

Knitting projects:

Well I'm a novice and doing my best. Here are two pictures of projects that I'm working on for Slut (in Boston) and Joker (in CA)

Although you can't tell by this (horrible) picture, the yarn (if you can call it that) is pretty snazzy. It's purples, greens, blues and sorta yellowish at parts. It's fun and I hope to make a fashion scarf for Joker to wear for fun instead of for warmth, because let's face it, people in OC don't need scarves to keep them warm. I had to start over since this picture because my stiches were too tight and it was getting to big (width wise) I've cut down the width and knitted it a bit looser so that there's more of an airy feel to it.

Here's the project for Slut. It's eyelash (?) yarn that's blue, tan and dark green, very pretty I must say. I took this picture right before having to take a majority of it apart because I had added stiches or something. See where the knitting needle is, the end of it is where things are okay and by the end of the needle, you see a crap load of stiches beyond it. Over 20 or so rows, it looks like I had added a stich each time. Now I'm almost done (not really done with the scarf but the yarn is almost gone) and I have to decide to either continue knitting with the same tension as above (it's pretty tight, I want it to be warm) and use my second skein OR do I take it all apart and knit it a bit looser and not as wide. Quite the dilemna I must say.

****

As I posted yesterday, DCboy text messaged me while I was on my 'date' with JP. We continued to text all night. I enjoyed our 'conversation' an thought I'd share it with...um....myself?

DCboy: Whatever. I don't even have the energy to be pissed right now.
[background story-he had been stuck on an amtrack train from NYC on down to DC. the train had broken down. I had made fun of him, saying that I wouldn't want to be around him if he was pissy.]
c$:come on, lighten up, it was a joke ;)
DCBoy: you know what? Leave me alone ;-(
C$: aww. If I had a car I'd go pick you up at new carrolton and bring you home personally, but since I don't, you have only my witty remarks to bring you comfort ;)
DCBoy: gee so sweet. Right now only my bed will do the trick.
C$: I can send you a picture of my Christmas tree if that'll cheer you up.
(sent my the picture)

(and nothing in response.) But I think I'm quite funny (don't we all?) I seem to be the one he texts when he's in a situation. Maybe I'm his relief. hahahah

****
I had drinks with my Christian last night. I do adore that kid. He's great. He's so gentlemanly. He's from CA and is always complaining about the cold. When I got to Kelly's last night, he was waiting outside. I said "what are you doing out here, it's freezing! I told you to go on in, that I'd probably be late" and he replied, "well if I had gone in to wait, I wouldn't be able to open the door for you." awwww :) We had a great night, and three Guinesses for him and two drinks for me we were talking Religion (bad topic, but I couldn't stop!) he's hardcore and "dating" him would be strange. But he's a nice crush. And you never know, he might want to convert me and make me his wife. haha

Over and out

C$

2 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cactus looks great! I have a part of Grammy's too. Although its barely hanging on because I have a black thumb, ask mom, she can vouch for that! This is the first year I think the BIG cactus has bloomed at Christmas. Its usually a Thanksgiving/Easter cactus. The blooms this year are very pale pink, instead of the vibrant pink it normally is.

Have a VERY Merry Chistmas, C!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger C$ said...

that's awesome heather, so happy to hear that the cactus is blooming. I guess grammy's with us all the time, to some extent at least ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home