Is This It?

pink: redefining what it means to be a girl generated by sloganizer.net

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

sooooooooo much for that

Well, it's been 20 days since my last post. I don't have a good excuse other than I'm just exhausted (lazy, fine line I say) and just can't seem to put pen to paper when I get home at night.

Highlights of the last few weeks:
- I missed Washington Social Club at the Black Cat. I'm bummed, but had no desire to go alone...interesting how people who say "oh I LOVE them" or "I saw them last year" say they'll come but when push comes to shove, it's a no go...

-59 of my closest friends accompanied me to RFK for the Nats vs Met's game. It was a good time. I got all of my money back and got to hang with my friends. Highlight: having a discussion with Steveo about the Jewish concept of hell (from Jane: "What am I hearing at a baseball game? A conversation about hell?!") Lowlight: falling (tripped, slipping, whatev) in front of RFK like a dumbass and hurting an already weak ankle ("you guys go ahead without me...I think I'm going to just go straight to the hospital" but since I'm a trooper, hung out on the grass for a couple of innings, headed to first aid and then to the bleachers for some QT time)

-Calling in "sick" on Friday the 18th ("I think I ate something baaaaad") so that Jane and I could head up to DE for a weekend at Bethany Beach. We drove around Rebouth and felt OOOLLD and returned back to Bethany to hang out with our group and relax. Might have been the saving grace of the month. Got a serious burn on my shoulders, but now I have a nice glow. (my roommate from Boston said yesterday: "you look tan" and I replied "yep, anything darker than translucent is good for me")

-Lots of work stuff going on. I had my review and it actually went well. My boss and I are working together to have a solid relationship and I think things are getting better. I'm still not happy, but at least not completely miserable.

-Students moved into the building on the 26th and they are...well, how do I say this, as an educator myself: they are DUMB. Including this conversation:
girl: "can I sign out a desk for the semester?"
C$: "sure, do you have someone to help you?"
girl: "um..no?" [i knew her parents were still around]
C$": "well, they are big...."
girl: "if you could help me, I would appreciate it"
[okay bad start...but i'm a sucker]
C$: " they are pretty big, so you may want to wait until your roommate arrives so you have a gauge of the size of the room with her stuff in it, too."
girl: "well there's already a desk in the room that's perfect for me, but I dont want my roommate not to have anything so I figured I'd borrow something now..."
C$: "um you shouldn't have a desk in your room at all...?"
girl: "oh well it's a small one"
C$: "that's called a nightstand....."

anyway, it'll be an interesting semester and I'm sure I'll have some great stories to share

-Jane and I headed to Camden Yards last Friday. I had free tickets from the O's office for selling so many to the Sept 14th Sox game. Getting there is a beyotch! Met some crazy mormans (is that kosher?) on the way home that wanted to "buy me dinner."

-I attempted to head out to Adam's Morgan (I loathe thee) with fellow "adults" from the building...but I forgot my ID. Reports of doing this on puporse are neither being confirmed or denied (thanks I-66!)

-Ordered a new Palm Pilot TX and it arrived on Monday. swwwwwwwwwwweeeeet. I love me some palm.

-This long weekend is shaping up to a fun one, lots of drinking involved, is all works out. Isn't that an indicator of a fun weekend?


And can I just say that I LOVE the Sports Guy Bill Simmons? I can't stand his voice, but love love love him.

7 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

Uhhh...

Can't spell $lacker without C$?

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger C$ said...

AWESOME.

I'm not a slacker, I just like to think that I'm so busy with offline life that I just don't have time

or it could be I'm lazy.

again, fine line.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Washington Cube said...

At least at the Black Cat you can sit down after a long day rather than shift footing it through a 9:30 show.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger MSU gal said...

The poor, poor nightstand girl. Are you SURE she is supposed to be there?

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger C$ said...

Cube- I agree, but it seems that some are put off by the Black Cat vibe whereas 9:30 club seems a little more friendly (maybe it has something to do with the shows the promote...)

MSUgal-who knows?! I know the quality of student that will be here from my home institution but who knows what other schools are looking for in their students... maybe knowing a nightstand from a desk isn't a requirement at IC?

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Marci said...

OMG, I SOOOO agree about Simmons. His voice is all high-pitched and whiny (whiney? meh.) and he sounds sooo awful. But his writing? Brillianly hilarious. Before I heard his voice I used to daydream about stealing him away from SportsGal.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger C$ said...

I hadn't heard his voice until after I feel in love with with him when he was on WEEI (Boston) radio show that my friend is producer for.

It broke my heart. But not for long. We don't need one of those relationships in which we talk...right?

I think every time I read I fall just a little more in love with him. And with "true" love, I can look past his shortcomings. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home