Is This It?

pink: redefining what it means to be a girl generated by sloganizer.net

Monday, June 26, 2006

I wonder if he found it....

Happy almost done with Monday!

After telling my father the good news on Sunday (it seems to be our day of 'checking in with each other, usually me calling him) he said this:

Well if you let me know when you're able to move and such, MoJo [my stepmom] and I would like to come up [from Florida] to help you move.

What? I have been moving, almost once a year, for the past 6 years I have moved 13 times. That is not including packing up and moving my mom from our hometown in Maine to Boston over several trips. 13 times I have moved, 11 of which my mom was right there beside me. He has never offered to help and barely even took notice of the fact that I did move, until I sent out the "C$ has a new address" email with pictures attached did I get any sort of acknowledgement that I packed up my entire life and moved it, whether it was 10 miles away or 300 miles away.

But I digress. Come July he will be coming up here and finally helping his (only) baby girl move...

But this leads me to question: what's his deal? did he find my blog/posts? is he suddenly feeling quilty?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For those DC readers, I have a question, okay, two:

1. Movers: has anyone ever used a local moving company, hired men and truck to do the dirty work for you. Any companies you recommend looking into or avoiding like the plague?

2. Storage companies: I'm moving from a large one bedroom (600 sq.f. maybe, I honestly have n idea) to a studio (maybe 350-400 sq.ft.) Doesn't sound like a lot, but it is. Anyway, I'll be needed to put almost all of my possessions into storage and need recommendations for companies. My mother is concerned about the quality (or lack there of) franchised storage companies and has heard many a horror story of companies selling possessions if "rent" is not paid on the exact day it is due; charging a fee for accessing your possession; a loading dock/elevator fee, etc. Readers, suggestions? Please?

7 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger None said...

Sorry.. not from or even remotely near DC. But, after spending the weekend moving, I share you're pain. Seems like once a year it goes down. Mostly through a crazy landlord or fellow tenant.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger I-66 said...

I used All My Sons.

They were good for me, quick and prompt, but a friend I recommended them to had problems with them when moving across the district.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

I'm the friend I-66 mentions, and I HAAAAAAAAATED All my Sons. HATE with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. They were awful.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger C$ said...

Parklife- yes moving SUCKS the big one. but the good thing about it is being able to have an excuse to rid yourself of stuff (or people) that's just clutter in your life.

at least that's what i tell myself.

66-hmm All My Sons. were they hot?

Sparkles-thanks for your input, I'm not sure how much I can trust i-66 on anything important ;-)

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger C$ said...

er....um...no, i trust you with my....um.....soccer information? grill choosing abilities?....um.....

i'm just digging myself deeper, eh?

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger I-66 said...

hmph.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger C$ said...

oh come on, you know i <3 you. do i have put it down in words?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home