Is This It?

pink: redefining what it means to be a girl generated by sloganizer.net

Thursday, December 28, 2006

A year in review

Since I won't be around (and by around, I mean in DC) for "Goodbye 2006 HELLO 2007" I'm going to post this now...

2006 has been a year of (in somewhat chronological order):
-being lonely
-inability to let go of someone that doesn't care about me
-moving on
-trying new things
-redeveloping a love for all that is hockey
-saying yes to just about anything
-end of being lonely
-drinking more, enjoying more
-joining groups
-driving in fast cars
-meeting some fantastic people that make life in DC better
-wishing I'd have some alone time
-going on roadtrips
-making friends in unexpected places
-spending way to much money on drinking
-not kissing boys
-missing hockey
-going to the beach
-enjoying "me" time
-enjoying the silence between two friends
-job searching
-agreeing to (and believing) that I am not responsible for others' happiness
-realizing that everyone isn't perfect
-but still loving them for what they are and what they bring to your life
-realizing that it's okay not to like everyone
-making conscious efforts to avoid said people
-welcoming hockey back
-job interviewing
-promoting the beauty of owning your own flask
-watching hot hockey players
-saying no
-saying yes
- learning to love beer
-using connections wisely

I'm off to Boston tomorrow morning, here's to hoping tonight goes well (date with boy that I met at hockey game...hmm, theme?) and that getting to BWI isn't as horrible as I fear.

Best wishes to all for a very happy, fun and always safe New Years. Here's to a great start to 2007...I'm not going to say it's going to be great, but I sure think so.

Love that dirty water....Boston you're my home


1 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger MSU gal said...

Sounds like you had an interesting year.

Growing up in Detroit, home of a world famous hockey team, I quickly learned that hockey games are one of the greatest places to meet nice guys. Go Red Wings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home